Yoodles, lovely internet people. Now, it’s getting to the time of year where we’re starting to get into Autumn (or Fall, for you beautiful overseas peeps). I don’t know about you, but when the rain starts coming down more regularly than usual (that’s a bit of a record for Britain, to be honest!) I automatically fall (get it? haha I’m such a comedienne) into the chocolate-Digestives-whole-chocolate-bar-to-myself-anything-high-in-sugar routine when I need a snack. I don’t get it! When its sunny (which, to be fair, isn’t very often in England) I’m like ‘yassssss, let me just pull together a super smoothie or an all natural fruit ice lolly!’ but in the colder months it’s ‘blah. Just give me a cookie’. So, to try and banish these unhealthy habits, I’ve created one of my FAVOURITE trail mix recipe. So, without further ado, here it is!
*just a little note. Please feel free to bring in or take out whatever you like, this recipe is very flexible. Also, there are no super duper specific measurements, just eye the amounts!
Dark Chocolate (preferably with a lot of coco content, but I know that can get expensive!)
Small baking tray lined with foil/greaseproof paper
Small tub suitable for microwaving
2 teaspoons or 1 teaspoon and a toothpick
1. Melt a third of a 100g bar of chocolate in a microwave proof tub. I did it in 20 second shots and stirred every so often.
2. Dip in your almonds or pecans (or both!). Be creative! Dip in just half, dunk it whole, drizzle over lightly with a spoon…whatever you fancy! TIP: If you have any left over chocolate, drop spots of it onto the foil for homemade chocolate chips!
3. Put in the freezer for 15 minutes or so until the chocolate is solid.
4. Gently peal off the almonds and chips and throw in a tupperware box with the pecans, cranberries, raisins and a little bit of salt.
5. And BAM! Super easy snacking! This may be taking it a liiiiittle too far but this would be super cute decor for your kitchen this Autumn in glass gars! Maybe tied off with some twine and a pinecone? Ooooo this is tooo exciting! Also this is a great way to get a sweet and salty treat at school. Just throw in your bag for a yummy snack for lunch!
Are you going to try this out? What are your favourite healthy snacks?
Lots of Love,