Well hello lovely ones. How are we? Christmassy? Good. I’ve been experimenting in the kitchen with cocoa powder and syrup…aye it’s a hard life for me. I am proud to say this is my own little baby of a recipe, come up in my own little mind! The ingredients to this super easy yet super delicious recipe are very simple, and I’ve given you a few alternatives in case you don’t have the ingredients
and can’t be bothered to pop to Tesco in your pyjamas. Enjoy, my little cocoa truffles (I’m practically Nicole Scherzinger in the Muller adverts)
YOU WILL NEED:
1 heaped teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon of sweetener (I use Truvia)
1/2-3/4 teaspoon gingerbread syrup
mug of milk
unsweetened cocoa powder – sweetened but leave out sweetener
gingerbread syrup – pinch of ground ginger and tiny pinch of cinnamon (but you won’t get the same smooth texture as syrup)
*I know syrup isn’t completely healthy, so that’s why it’s called a ‘healthier’ version!*
1. Add heaped teaspoon of cocoa powder to empty mug
2. Add a dash of cold milk and stir to create a paste
3. Add milk to fill mug up and stir gently
4. Whack in microwave until hot (mine took 2 minutes)
5. Once hot, add in half teaspoon sweetener and half/ three quarters teaspoon gingerbread syrup (or spices)
6. STIR STIR STIR
7. Add whipped cream if you like, and enjoy!
^^sneaky mince pie….. ;)^^
I know what you’re saying: “but Lottie, syrup has sugar in it!”. I know. As I mentioned earlier, this is a healthier hot choc, not no-dairy-vegan-sugar-free version. Uh-huh.
Are you going to try this out? What’s your favourite flavour of hot chocolate? Let me know!
Lots of Love,