‘Ello ‘ello ‘ello! I cannot believe we’ve almost done 2 weeks of 2015. Seems like only yesterday I was posting that Spirit of Christmas Fair post! So today is going to be a bit of a different post – I don’t usually mention money (apart from a few rare bargains) but I thought as it’s still the beginning of the year we would discuss how to save the dosh. Then you tell me ‘I know, Lottie haven’t we seen these posts before?’ But, my friend, let me tell YOU. This is how to save money well, and keep up the good work!
1. Set a goal. This may be quite obvious but you may just be thinking ‘oh I’ll save up for a couple months, see how it goes’. What you REALLY want to think is ‘two months from now and that chair/bag/llama is gonna be MINE’. See what I mean? Turn yourself into a meat-eating-scary-Katy-Perry-in-Roar-music-video kinda gal when you set your goals and your goals will come much quicker than you think!
2. Try something more credit/debit card friendly. As nice as it is going to the Ritz for afternoon tea every Sunday, your purse is going to be bone dry (if that makes sense) before you know it. What about a walk in the park? That’s pretty much free unless you need to drive there. Inviting your friends over for a chitchat? See how much more fun and free life can be? (I’m a poet and I SURE KNOW IT BABY)
3. Fundraise. But only if it’s something like a trip or a charity. No one’s gonna sponsor you to get that cute pair of shoes! I am going on a school trip to China (!!!) in April so I’ve been doing something called a Chinese Lottery and dog walking. If you’d like to know more about the Chinese Lottery, you’ll have to email me as it takes a little bit of explaining!
4. Shop in the sales. There are some really great sales on at the moment. I got a Crew Clothing coat the other day reduced to £65 to £135! If you shop around a bit you can find everything a whole lot cheaper!
5. Keep reminders. It’s no good forgetting about saving up a week after you set your goal! Keep helpful hints and little notes on your phone and pinned to your diary/planner to help you along the way. For example ‘try going to blahdiblah at lunch to save money’ or ‘instead of going into town and shopping, invite friends round’.
Well, lovely ones, I hope that post helped you! Good luck with your saving!
Do you have any tips for saving and making money? What are you saving up for? Let me know!
Lots of Love,