I cannot tell you just how much I am LOVING this heatwave! I’m currently sat in a dress with the back door open and I’m not even shivering. Dreams really do come true. Moving on…I got inspired by this gorgeous weather that I thought I would give you lovely peeps some inspiration for things to do if you’re bored this summer or just need some inspiration. Enjoy…
1. Make homemade lemonade! (RECIPE COMING SOON!) There is nothing better than a big ol’ glass of homemade lemonade. I love the freshness of the lemons and I much prefer non-fizzy lemonade as it’s less processed and better for your digestive system. It’s a win win situation, really.
2. Ride a bike Yes, you can actually be like those people on the Centre Parks adverts now – wind through your hair, happy family, a leafy roof above your head…ok so maybe not but it’s fun to pretend, right? Even if you haven’t got a bike, you can hire one from your town centre. Here’s a secret, it’s not just London who have Boris Bikes!
3. DIY a kimono Kimonos are soooo easy to make out of a scarf. I could do a tutorial for you if you want but there are countless videos online telling you how to sew up something Japanese! But I did this find this very useful video for a temporary kimono out of a scarf.
4. Homemade ice lollies Homemade ice lollies are soo good. They’re cheaper, healthier and more delicious than shop bought. Just pick up a cheap mould from Poundland, and let your imagination run wild! My sister and I love pouring plain fruit juice, smoothies, yoghurt and fruit into ours.
5. Make friendship bracelets I know bracelet making may seem like it’s for 5 year old BFFs but trust me, stacked bracelets for the summer look reeeeeal cute. I bought a HUGE bag of embroidery threads from Dunelm Mill for £7 in the sale a few years ago and they’re still going today! Plus, there’s hundreds of tutorials online to refer to.
6. Picnics! Picnics are just….ahh. No word can describe my love for siting on a old blanket, with a tower of sausage rolls and plastic cups. Knowing our lazy world I’m sure you can buy ready made picnic baskets from a supermarket or do that weird thing nowadays called MAKE YOUR OWN. Riveting, I assure you. Have a picnic in your garden, a random field or a National Trust place with friends or family and let the good times roll!
7. Create a blog I cannot express just how happy blogging makes me, so I urge you to pick up the courage to make one yourself! This is England for goodness sake, there is surely going to be a rainy day this summer where you can have some much needed bonding time with your laptop and camera.
8. Try a new sport We’re heading to the sea for a few day this summer so my sister and I so want to try paddle boarding, surfing and the likes. Water sports are especially fun in summer as you’re outside in the (hopefully) gorgeous weather, probably falling into a freezing lake off of a sheet of wood. Ok, that don’t sound too good, just try something new, ‘k?
9. Learn to juggle If you can juggle, congrats you’re my new favourite person ALL HAIL THE JUGGLER. If not, join me this summer and let’s see if we can turn into circus monkeys. Woop woop!
10. See friends and family They’re not always going to be there, let’s be honest. So put aside a week to see all those lovely people, give them a hug, bake them a cake. Put zee phone on SILENT and give them all your attention. They deserve it, you deserve, we deserve it, we’re just all too dang special to not make a fuss of, so do it!
Hope you enjoyed this blog post, lovely people. Have a great summer!
Are you going away this summer? Can YOU juggle?!
Lots of Love,